April 21, 2020
Select Board Chair, Fred Woodhouse, called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm and read the following:
As Chair of the Sharon Select Board, due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus and in accordance with Governor Sununu's Emergency Order #12 pursuant to Executive Order 2020-04, this Board is authorized to meet electronically, and these reasons shall be reflected in the minutes.
Please note that there is no physical location to observe and listen contemporaneously to the meeting, which is authorized pursuant to the Governor's Executive Order. However, in accordance with the Emergency Order, this is to confirm that we are:
- Providing public access to the meeting by telephone:
- Additional public access by video or other electronic means will be available by utilizing the Webex platform.
- Providing public notice of the necessary information for accessing the meeting.
- Providing a mechanism for the public to alert the public body during the meeting that a member of the public wishes to speak or be recognized during a public comment to virtually "raise your hand".
- Providing a mechanism for the public to alert the public body during the meeting if there are problems with access: If anybody has a problem, please call the Town Administrator at 603-562-9373 or email email@example.com.
- In the event the public is unable to access the meeting via the conference call, the meeting will be adjourned and be rescheduled at a later time.
- All votes will be taken by roll call vote. We will start the meeting with roll call attendance, when each member states their presence, also please state whether there is anyone in the room with you during this meeting, which is also required under the Right-to-Know law.
Roll call attendance: Fred Woodhouse, at the Meeting House, also in attendance is Debra Harling, Town Administrator, Carl Newton, Road Agent, Jasmine Woodhouse, and Wally Woodhouse.
Diane Callahan, also Ken Callahan
Motion to approve the 3/17/2020 minutes (Woodhouse/Callahan). Roll call: Woodhouse in favor, Callahan in favor, Backstrom in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the payroll and manifest (Woodhouse/Callahan). Roll call: Woodhouse in favor, Callahan in favor, Backstrom in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the "land use change tax" for Chamberlain, 292 Nashua Road, M 3 L 40 (Woodhouse/Callahan). Roll call vote: Woodhouse in favor, Callahan in favor, Backstrom in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve a building permit for Chiquoine, 210 McCoy Road, M 5 L 5a for a 24x36 machine shed (Woodhouse/Callahan). Roll call vote: Woodhouse in favor, Callahan in favor, Backstrom in favor, motion carried.
- Asked the Board what work should be continued in regards to the roads. The Board asked for Mr. Newton's opinion. Mr. Newton stated that he did not know who may be affected by this shutdown. Mr. Backstrom suggested prioritizing the road budget items. Mr. Woodhouse suggested regular road maintenance and hold off on paving. Ms. Callahan asked if there is a way to patch big holes if paving is not done. Mr. Newton will concentrate on regular maintenance at the present time.
Discussion about possible revenue shortfalls. Mr. Backstrom asked about the difference between making the school payments as it relates to prioritizing revenues vs expenditures. There was a brief discussion about TANs (tax anticipation notes).
Meeting adjourned at 5:59 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 05-04-2020.