January 7, 2020
Present: Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse, Carl Newton
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Fred Woodhouse
Motion to approve the 12/17/2019 minutes (Woodhouse/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the 2019 year-end manifest (Newton/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Elizabeth and Raymond Nieuwenhuizen sent notification to the Board that they plan to purchase 7.03 acres of land (Map 6 Lot 8) which is currently in current use. Mr. & Mrs. Nieuwenhuizen will file a current use application to put 3 acres of forest land from Map 6 Lot 8A into current use. The 3 acres is contiguous with the property they are purchasing. This will enable the 7.03 acres to continue in the current use status and not have a land use change penalty assessed.
Stephen Gapp met with the Board regarding an email he had sent to Mr. Woodhouse, Ms. Callahan, and the Town Administrator. Mr. Gapp was attending the meeting because he had received notification on the afternoon of 1/7/2020 that his email would be discussed at the meeting. Mr. Gapp had made a phone call to the Town Administrator stating he would prefer not to attend the meeting and requested a phone call back if the email would not be discussed. Not receiving a phone call back Mr. Gapp was in attendance. Mr. Woodhouse read Mr. Gapp's email, discussion about the various points of the email. Mr. Woodhouse will meet with Mr. Gapp on Thursday, 1/9/2020 to continue discussing Mr. Gapp' concerns.
- Requesting the same budget amounts in 2020 for Archives and Sexton as the 2019 budget.
- The Callahan's home address is a problem due to having the same zip code as Peterborugh, and both towns having a Mountain Road. Mr. Woodhouse, as EMD, can change the address to Rte 123. The Callahan's will be responsible for making all change of address notifications.
- Would like to have $100.00 added to the Planning Board budget in 2020 to print and distribute the master plan. After review of 2019 expenditures the Board determined that there is no need to increase the budget.
- Most things concerning the roads have been fine. There has been a small problem with one of the contractors, but the roads are safe.
- Ms. Callahan verified with Mr. Paris that Rte 123 is maintained by the State of NH.
- Question on when Veteran Credit applications are due. The Town Administrator informed the Board that these are due by April 15. There are currently two applications that will be presented to the Board.
The budget hearing will be Tuesday, 2/4/2020 at 5:30 pm, the regular Select Board meeting will follow immediately after the budget hearing.
- Reviewed the compensation schedule for 2020, no changes made.
- Preliminary review of the 2020 budget. The Town Administrator gave the Board the costs presented by the Town of Peterborough for Fire, Police, Ambulance, and Recycling.
Motion to enter non-public session under RSA 91-A:3, II (a) at 7:06 pm (Woodhouse/Newton). Voice vote unanimous. Out of non-public at 7:23 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:24 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 01/21/2020.