September 17, 2019
Present: Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse
Meeting called to order at 5:31 PM by Diane Callahan
Carl Newton, Road Agent presented information on the 5 bridges in town - Cross Road; Mill Road; McCoy Road; Swamp Road; Spring Hill Road. The State of NH-DOT status of the bridges was reviewed.
- Swamp Road bridge is red-listed due to the substructure.
- Ken Callahan asked what about maintenance on the culvert on Mountain Road at the Cabot house, this is a major drainage point. Mr. Newton will look at this, but it is not considered a bridge.
- Chet Bowles pointed out that Swamp Road and Mill road have alternate routes, so those bridges could be closed it necessary.
Motion to approve the applications for transfer from the Highway and Bridge Trust Funds (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried. The applications for transfer were given to Chet Bowles, on of the Trustees of the Trust Funds.
Motion to approve the payroll and manifest (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the minutes of 9/3/19 (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Intent to cut for DeBonis, Map 3 Lots 49 & 51 signed.
Discussion about snow plowing options. One suggestion is to purchase Mr. Newton's truck and insure it through the town. This option does not cover a second plower. Ms. Callahan informed the Board that she had spoken to the New Hampshire Municipal Association (NHMA) about this insurance issue.
Ken Callahan stated that the Bass Park Trustees would like to get the ownership of park settled. Carl Newton suggested that Lisa Borges be asked to search the title.
- The broadband internet meeting sponsored by the Conval School Board is Wednesday, 9/18/19.
- Would like to see the open positions listed on the website.
- Gave the Board a list of road mileages.
- Reminder that letter need to be sent to D. Krook, Fischer, and Raffaelle regarding the stonewalls.
- Discussed a complaint from the resident at 40 Nashua Rd about her driveway washing out. Mr. Newton ditched the road in that area, hopefully this will help alleviate the problem.
- Paving is completed on Spring Hill Road.
- Took apart the Beaver Dam on Spring Hill Road.
- Mr. Newton and Pete Paris cleaned up the shed and put shelving in. Will work on shoring up the wall on 9/18/19.
- Informed the Board that Mr. LaPlante has resigned the Select Board. Ms. Callahan has spoken to former Select Board member Linda Paris, who would be willing to step in. Ms. Paris suggested speaking to Rich DuFresne, Mr. DuFresne had expressed an interest in serving on the Board.
- A special meeting will be needed to appoint a new Select Person.
- Has amended the notice to construct.
- Offered to write up a notice to be attached to intents to cut regarding stone walls.
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on _____________.