September 3, 2019
Present: Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Diane Callahan
Mark Stetson of Avitar informed the Board that the revaluation has been completed and submitted the methodology handbook. New tax cards were also submitted. The new assessments are up about 8.3%. There were 15 sales to use in the analysis in this 5 year period, about twice as many as the last update period. Mr. Stetson explained how the State uses equalization ratios. Mr. Stetson submitted the 2019 MS-1 Valuation form to the Board. Motion to approve and sign the MS-1 (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the 8/20/19 minutes (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Discussion of the 8/20/19 minutes. Ms. Callahan suggested a 2-part check for building placement by the Site Inspector.
The Board signed Land Use Change Tax Warrants for the following: Riley, M 7 L19; Groesbeck, M 6 L 13; D. Krook, M4 L 25A.
Tammy Burns, owns property on Temple Road, and is trying to sell. She needs to know the distance between her well and the septic. Records were found indicating the distance and copies were given to Ms. Burns.
The Town Administrator reviewed information received from the Registry of Deeds regarding a new program the town can sign up for. The Board determined that the town does not need to access this program at this time.
Belinda Backstrom is resigning as the Welfare Officer, as new Welfare Officer will need to be appointed.
- Salt shed has been repaired.
- Road side trimming will be started soon.
- Paving on Spring Hill Road is scheduled for 9/4/19.
- Pete Paris and Mr. Newton will be cleaning the Highway shed.
- Mr. Newton asked the Board to consider approving Pete Paris as the Deputy Road Agent and to try to find $800 to $1,000 to pay him for his services.
- Discussion about liability insurance for Mr. Newton and sub-contractors to plow the town roads during snow storms. Ms. Callahan has spoken to Primex and some commercial insurance agents. The town needs to determine how to make sure that the snow plowing contractors are covered by the proper insurance. Mr. Newton is trying to sign up contractors and the insurance is a major issue.
- The ConCom met and will be contacting "Beaver Deceivers" to look at sites and discuss options. The ConCom will bring the information forward to the Road Agent.
- The bridge forum will be at the 9/17/19 meeting at 5:30 pm, regular business will begin immediately following. Ken will put the sign out.
- The Willard-Bass Park Trustees would like the town to continue looking into the ownership of the park. Ken has spoken to Eversource and a meter and light can be installed on the municipal pole. There is a monthly fee for the meter, but the electricity could be turned off when not needed.
- Ken gave the Board a synopsis of town roads.
- A suggestion has come from the ConCom to put a question on forms asking if the property is in current use,
Ms. Callahan asked if the town was interested in accepting folding chairs from the Sharon Arts Center. Motion to accept chairs from the Sharon Arts Center (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
- There is a meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 7:30 pm at the Lucy Hurling Theatre at Conval regarding broadband for the municipalities in the Conval District.
Meeting adjourned at 7:23 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 09/17/2019.