August 20, 2019
Present: Marc LaPlante, Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse
Meeting called to order at 5:31 PM by Marc LaPlante
Motion to approve the 7/16/19 minutes (LaPlante/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the payroll and manifest (LaPlante/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
The Town Administrator informed the Board that information has been sent to Keith Pike of TD Bank as part of the process of researching a new bank.
Mark Stetson of Avitar would like to meet with the Board at the 9/3/19 meeting.
Reade Salo met with the Board to discuss his new house located on Nashua Road, Map 3 Lot 40. This lot is located in both Sharon and New Ipswich. The house was shifted by the contractor to fit better on the land. The house now encroaches on the 50 foot setback from the New Ipswich line. This does not create a problem as long as Mr. Salo owns the entire lot. If Mr. Salo were to divide the New Ipswich portion off of the Sharon portion this could create a problem. It was suggested that Mr. Salo have this information added to the deed. Mr. Salo requested approval of an "as built" septic system, the State of NH is requiring this because the angle of the structure was changed. Motion to approve the "as built" septic notification (LaPlante/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
The Board reviewed invoices for the removal of beavers, these will be paid in September. Ken Callahan stated that the Conservation Commission will be discussing the possibility of purchasing "beaver retrievers". The ConCom would work with the Road Agent regarding this.
- Spoke about the town picnic scheduled for Sunday, 8/25/19. Mr. Call suggested that one of the Board members speak about the Sharon Arts Center.
- Asked about the deed research for the park. Jack from Total Notice will be contacted and asked to research this deed.
Bruce Matthews asked the Road Agent if the jersey barriers could be removed from McCoy Road. Mr. Newton will look into this.
- Submitted insurance information.
- Mill Road has been worked on, finished getting rid of the beaver dam.
- Keenan pulled out the beaver dam at Spring Hill Road.
- Fixed potholes on Nashua Road and Spring Hill Road.
- On schedule to pave Spring Hill Road, cost will be approximately $50,000.
- Poured 11 yards of concrete on McCoy Road to repair the bridge abutments.
- Spoke about the fines to Groesbeck for non-compliance with zoning. Not sure what Attorney Kinyon meant about not pursuing this. There was also discussion about the phrase painted on some building materials at the Groesbeck property. Mr. LaPlante suggested leaving this issue alone.
- The sand shed needs to be fixed.
- Forum on bridges, update on the status of town bridges at the September 17 meeting.
- The Board should not "reply all" when responding to emails.
- The Sharon Arts Center has offered to donate folding chairs to the town. Will obtain a chair so the Board can decide if they would like to accept this donation.
- Has spoken to Meghan Cahill about the Board. Mr. LaPlante suggested that the Board keep putting information out to the residents regarding the positions that need to be filled.
- Suggested that positions that will be open should be advertised on the website and sent out via the googlegroups email.
- Asked that the town continue to support maintenance on the old school house during the budget process.
Meeting adjourned at 6:50 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 09/03/2019.