July 16 2019
Present: Marc LaPlante, Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Ms. Callahan
Mr. LaPlante was appointed to the Select Board at the June 18, 2019 meeting, effective July 1, 2019. Mr. LaPlante took the oath of office for Select Board. Motion to appoint Marc LaPlante as Chair of the Select Board (Callahan/Woodhouse). Callahan and Woodhouse in favor, LaPlante recused, motion carried.
Carl Newton was appointed as Road Agent at the June 18, 2019 meeting, effective July 1, 2019. Mr. Newton took the oath of office for Road Agent. The contract for Road Agent was signed by Mr. Newton and the Select Board.
Motion to approve the minutes of 6/27/2019 (Callahan/Woodhouse). Callahan and Woodhouse in favor, LaPlante recused, motion carried.
Motion to approve the minutes of 6/18/2019 (Callahan/Woodhouse). Callahan and Woodhouse in favor, LaPlante recused, motion carried.
Motion to approve the manifest and payroll (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to re-appoint Kenneth Callahan as Fire Warden, Francis Guptil and Peter Paris as Deputy Fire Wardens for 2020 (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Mr. LaPlante signed the 2019 second quarter 941 payroll tax return.
- The Archive Committee is re-doing the town tax map. The number of acres has been added to the lots, current use land has been marked, and the names of brooks and streams have been added. The map is as up to date as possible at this time. Discussion about which line item should cover the cost of copies. Mr. LaPlante suggested having 20 copies made. Motion to approve $100.00 for tax maps (Woodhouse/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
The Willard Bass Park Trustees submitted a proposal to look into the actual ownership of the park and for the town to form a "Parks Department". The Trustees asked the Board to consider this proposal. Discussion about the ownership of the park based on the wording of the deed. This will need to be researched.
Nathan Rautiola came in with a driveway permit application and notice of intent to construct. Motion to approve the driveway permit for M 3 L 41 - Rautiola (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried. The permit application was signed and a check for the $75.00 fee was paid. Motion to accept the building permit, subject to state septic approval, site inspector approval, and no changes to the footprint (Woodhouse/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
Discussion about signs - temporary signs are allowed if a contractor is doing work on a property. There are a number of signs that need to be removed.
Discussion about the Browns - they need to fill out an application for a "home business" to sell eggs. A letter will be sent requesting that they attend a meeting.
- The beaver dams on Mill Road have been broken up. Swamp Road is getting higher. The "Beaver Guy" (Anton) showed up and they met with Fish & Game. The officers informed them that the beaver population is increasing, houses and roads need to be protected. The dams need to be broken and the beavers removed.
- Paving Spring Hill Road from the bridge to the Jaffrey town line. Ditching has been done, and holes have been patched.
- Work has been done in the cemetery.
- Letters need to be sent to Ann Fisher and Dustin Krook regarding stone walls.
- Gary Kinyon has been on vacation, he should be contacting the town soon regarding the Groesbeck issue.
- The School Board has talked about putting a warrant article out for high speed internet. The towns would be responsible for the cost of this.
- Checked radio reception, there are areas where reception is choppy.
- The Kazanoviczs received approval for solar panels. They will be installing four, but may go up to eight.
- Received a phone call from Ann Willette, attorney for New England College regarding the Sharon Arts Center. Mr. Call informed her that this is a non-conforming use with an area less than the minimum requirents.
- Will be fulfilling Mr. Newton's term to March 2020, and will not run at that time. The town needs to get people to fill various offices.
Meeting adjourned at 7:26 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 08/20/2019.