June 18, 2019
Present: Carl Newton, Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton.
Move to approve the minutes of 6/4/2019 (Callahan/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the manifest and payroll (Newton/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
- Submitted his resignation effective June 30, 2019. Motion to accept Mr. Keenan's resignation as Road Agent (Newton/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
- Swamp Road has been graveled.
- Mountain Road was looked at and some work has been done there.
- Received a call from Chief Guinard about Spring Hill Road and Hill Road, after Mr. Keenan explained there has been an issue with the bridges it was agreed that the Police will keep an eye on truck traffic.
- Mr. Keenan gave the Board information on the State of NH-RSAs after questions about weight limits. The RSAs give the Select Board the authority to set weight limits on bridges.
Juliana Kazanovicz informed that Board that they are trying to install solar panels on the ground. Ms. Kazanovicz presented a map indicating the placement of the solar panels. Four panels are planned at this time with the addition of more panels in the future. Ms. Kazanovicz needs a letter that the solar panels are allowed per the zoning. Mitch Call, Planning Board Chair, informed Ms. Kazanovicz that she will need to make an application to the Planning Board.
Marc LaPlante showed the Board the indian pump that had been donated by the town to the Red Knights. The indian pump has been refurbished and painted, it will be raffled or auctioned off at the Red Knights international convention on the 4th Saturday of August, 2019 to benefit the Veteran's Cemetery.
- Mr. Groesbeck did not appeal the ZBA decision. Mr. Newton has contacted Gary Kinyon to find out how to proceed.
- Fred Woodhouse has volunteered to take Mr. Newton's place as the Sharon representative to the Conval Selectmen's Advisory Committee.
- Dustin Krook's foundation is in on M 3 L 25A and appears to be in the correct spot.
- Submitted a letter of resignation from the Select Board effective 6/30/2019. Motion to accept Carl Newton's resignation from the Select Board (Callahan/Woodhouse). Callahan and Woodhouse - yea; Newton recused himself, motion caried.
- Spoke about Drury Lane which is closed subject to gates and bars (Class VI road), but should be accessible to emergency vehicles.
- Informed the Board that the flagger certification training has been completed.
- Reviewed items from the Municipal Association calendar that should be done at this time.
- Asked about the dogs list that should be submitted by the Town Clerk. The Town Administrator will speak to Wendy Drouin about completing this list.
The Board signed the application for forest land reimbursement from the State of NH.
Motion to approve warrant article transfers to the trust funds (Newton/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
The Town Administrator reviewed the budget vs actual reports through 6/18/19. The legal and welfare lines are over budget.
The Board discussed the need to find a site inspector. Mr. Newton will speak to the gentleman from Peterborough again. Mr. Newton is willing to do this job for the present time. Motion to appoint Carl Newton as site inspector (Woodhouse/Callahan). Callahan and Woodhouse - yea, Newton recused himself, motion carried.
Motion to appoint Carl Newton as Road Agent effective 7/1/19 (Callahan/Woodhouse). Callahan and Woodhouse - yea, Newton recused himself, motion carried.
Motion to appoint Marc LaPlante as Selectman effective 7/1/19 to the March 2020 election (Newton/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried.
The Board set the summer schedule for meetings on 7/16/19 and 8/20/19, with the August meeting being held in the Old School House. Mr. Newton suggested holding a forum about bridges in September.
Ken Callahan informed the Board that Mr. Newton had made a new gate for the McCoy Road Cemetery, stated that this gate has been installed and looks really good.
Marjorie Hobbs spoke to the Board and informed them that one of her children will be moving to her house on a temporary basis. The child would like to have a storage pod. The Board asked Mrs. Hobbs some questions and determined that this would be a temporary structure and would be permissible as a temporary structure. There was a request for this pod to be put out of sight from the neighbors and the road.
Meeting adjourned at 6:39 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 07/16/2019.