Click here to return to the main web site for the Town of Sharon

Friday, June 7, 2019

Selectmen 2019-06-04




Selectmen Minutes
June 4, 2019

Present: Carl Newton, Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse

Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton.

Discussion about changing banks from Bar Harbor.  The Town Administrator has spoken to Keith Pike of TD Bank and will forward the information he has requested.

Discussion about who should accept tax payments, and how to get these to the Tax Collector.  A large envelope will be left on the Tax Collector's desk and tax payments should be put into this for the Tax Collector to pick up.

Motion to approve the 5/21/2019 minutes (Newton/Callahan).  All in favor, motion carried.

Motion to approve the tax abatement for San-Ken Homes as requested by the Tax Collector on 6/4/2019 (Newton/Callahan).  All in favor, motion carried.

Dustin Krook came in regarding his building permit for Spring Hill Road, Map 04 Lot 25A.  Septic approval has been received from the State of NH. Motion to approve the site plan, with the provision that the stakes are not moved (Newton/Callahan).  All in favor, motion carried. Mr. Krook supplied check #302 in the amount of $75.00 for the building permit fee.

Motion to approve and sign the yield tax warrant for Marlo Herrick on the Annett State Forest cut (Newton/Woodhouse).  All in favor, motion carried.

Discussion of dates for the Flagger Certification class.  The best date for all in June 13, 2019 at 9:00 am. Carl Newton, Fred Woodhouse, Ken Callahan will be in attendance.  Marc LaPlante will try to attend, and Peter Paris will be contacted to see if he would be interested in attending. The towns of Wilton and Temple would like to send people.  Jaffrey and Peterborough will be contacted to see if they would like to have people attend. The Town Administrator will contact Primex to confirm the date and time.

Mr, Newton and Ken Callahan will meet on 6/6/2019 at 8:30 am to work on the cemetery gate.

Ms. Callahan:
  • Updated the Board on what is happening in the Town Clerk's office.  Wendy Drouin will cover Town Clerk hours for the month of June 2019.
  • Asked for an update on the Groesbeck zoning issue.  Mr. Newton explained that Mr. Groesbeck has until Thursday, June 13, 2019 to appeal the ZBA decision.

Mr. Newton:
  • Is working on the home business and home occupancy list.  These lists need to be discussed and updated.
  • The Town Administrator will need to compose a letter to Anne Fischer regarding the stone wall that was dismantled during the timber cut on her property.
  • The Town Administrator will need to contact Tracy Craig regarding her offer to work on the town website.
  • Suggested holding another bridge forum, Mr. Newton and Mr. Paris will help with this forum.  Suggested date of July 16, 2019.
  • No information on the Eversource abatement appeal.
  • Suggested that all future intents to cut be reviewed by the Road Agent before being presented to the Select Board.  Loggers will need to obtain a temporary driveway permit.
  • Peterborough has obtained a federal grant for the water project on the Coldstone property.
  • Informed the Board that the Conval Selectmen's Advisory Committee meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm

Meeting adjourned at 6:30 PM.

Minutes taken by Debra Harling.  Approved on 06/18/2019.