May 7, 2019
Present: Carl Newton, Diane Callahan, Fred Woodhouse
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton.
Motion to approve the 4/16/19 minutes (Newton/Callahan). All in favor, motion carried
Mr. Newton opened the hearing on the Ordinance Forbidding the Placement of Snow or Ice on Town Highways. There were 4 members of the public present. Mr. Newton asked if there were any questions or comments. Ms. Harling, Town Administrator, state that there had been a posting in the Monadnock Ledger/Transcript on April 30, 2019. Ms. Harling read the text of the ordinance to the public. No comments or questions were received. Motion to adopt the Ordinance Forbidding the Placement of Snow or Ice on Town Highways, effective May 7, 2019 (Newton/Woodhouse). All in favor, motion carried.
Yield tax warrant signed for Krook, Map 4 Lots 25 & 25A.
Intent to cut signed for Kivela, M 3 Lot 41.
Signed letter to Tim Groesbeck thanking him for his years of service as the Site Inspector.
Dustin Krook came in to discuss construction of a house on M 4 Lot 25A. The Board reviewed the septic plans presented. There was a question regarding the setback from the road. Mr. Krook received a variance from the ZBA in December 2017 reducing the 100' setback to 74.5'. Mr. Krook was given a "Notice of Intent to Construct" application, and informed that the setback will need to be verified. The septic design was signed so that it may be forwarded to the State of NH-DES for approval.
Discussed the welfare guidelines for the Town of Marlborough, there was a consensus that these can be modified for use by the Town of Sharon.
Sue Bowles, Treasurer:
- Attempted to transfer money from the operating account into the Conservation Fund. Was informed by Bar Harbor Bank that this required two signatures. Ms. Bowles was also informed that she will need a letter from the Board authorizing her to make transfers. This information led to a discussion about changing banks for the town. The Town Administrator will obtain information from TD Bank.
- Trying to set up a meeting with Jeffrey G. regarding wetlands. This meeting will be sometime in June 2019 and it should include the Select Board, Planning Board, and Conservation Commission.
- Southwest Region Planning Commission (SWRPC) is setting up 5 dates for a "Community Conversation" to review the results of the recent survey. The closest venues for Sharon are in Antrim on May 22 from 6:30 pm to 8 pm, and Jaffrey on June 3 from 6:30 pm to 8 pm.
- Would like to reserve the Meeting House on October 19, 2019 for the Friends of the Wapack Annual Meeting.
- Asked about several deadlines outlined in the NHMA calendar. The report of excavation has been received from San-Ken. Letters have been sent out regarding reports of cut due.
- Tracy Craig has volunteered to update the town website. She will work with the Town Administrator on this project.
- Discussion about the repair of stone walls that were dismantled for timber cuts. Rick Evans has informed Mr. Newton that the DRA does not deal with this. The Forest Ranger was contacted.
- Discussion about posting minutes. Draft minutes will be posted on the website, a notice will be posted on the website that approved minutes are available at the Meeting House.
The 2019-2020 Intent to Excavate from San-Ken was not completed correctly. This will be sent back to San-Ken for correction before the Board signs it.
Meeting adjourned at 7:02 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 05/21/2019.