Click here to return to the main web site for the Town of Sharon

Friday, December 7, 2018

Selectmen 2018-11-16



Selectmen Meeting Minutes

November 16, 2018


Present: Carl Newton, Linda Paris, Diane Callahan


Meeting called to order at 4:00 PM by Mr. Newton.


Tyler Seppala, M 3 L44, presented a revised septic plan for review.  The Board reviewed the septic plan and approved it.


Motion to approve the minutes of 10/16/18 and 10/30/18 (Newton/Callahan).  All in favor, motion carried.


Motion to approve the manifest and payroll (Newton/Callahan).  All in favor, motion carried.

Tim Keenan:

  • Will be getting sand up in the coming week.

  • Has some trees to clean up.

  • Cross Road is in good shape.

  • Road Agent contract signed and Mr. Keenan took the oath of office.


Ken Callahan:

  • Asked what is happening with the alarm system.  Mr. Newton stated that we need to get the alarm company in.  Mr. Callahan will ask the Police Chief or the Fire Chief to open the lockbox to see if the passcode is in there.  A call list will need to be put together. Mr. Callahan will call the alarm company to set up an appointment.

  • Asked if the Conservation Commission had spoken to the Board about reviewing intents to cut.  There was some discussion about the length of time the Board has to sign an intent to cut.


Eric Matson:

  • Discussion about the winter plowing contract and whether to have a stipend similar to the 2017-2018 season.  A contract was written for the 2018-2019 winter season and signed by the Board of Selectmen and Mr. Matson. Mr. Newton will contact the attorney to find out if there is a minimum requirement for insurance.


Mitch Call:

  • Directors of the Friends of the Wapack have voted to donate the $100.00 damage deposit for use of the Meeting House to the town.

  • Mr. Call submitted a draft "Notice of Intent to Construct" for review by the Board.

  • Showed an exhibit of areas where accidents have occurred at different intersections of town roads and Route 123.  There was some discussion about a "road safety audit".

  • Stated that there was some work done on the Master Plan at the last Planning Board meeting.


Diane Callahan:

  • John Fredricks of Jaffrey cancelled the perambulation of the Sharon and Jaffrey boundary line.

  • Jim Frederickson, Sharon School Board Representative, has informed Ms. Callahan that the School District Attorney has advised the Town of Sharon drop the matter of the student from New Ipswich who attended Conval claiming to be a Sharon resident.


Carl Newton:

  • No JDK for plowing during the 2018-2019 winter season.

  • Will speak to Julie Brown about the "out building" on her property.

  • Proposed paying Ms. Harling an extra $200.00/month to Town Meeting for the bookkeeping.

  • Needs to speak to the Peterborough Library Trustees regarding library memberships.  Suggested sending a letter at the 1st meeting in December 2018. There was discussion about budgeting to reimburse Sharon residents for library memberships and allowing the residents to determine which library they would like to go to.



Motion to adjourn (Newton/Paris).  All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 5:45 PM.


Minutes taken by Debra Harling.  Approved on 12/04/18.

 


___________________ ___________________ ___________________

Carl Newton                      Linda Paris Diane Callahan


material from any computer.