Click here to return to the main web site for the Town of Sharon

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Selectmen 2018-10-02



Selectmen Meeting Minutes

October 2, 2018


Present: Carl Newton, Linda Paris, Diane Callahan


Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton.


Bruce Clark spoke to the Board about the timber cut on M 3 L 42 and the denial of his abatement request for the amount billed for white pine.  Mr. Clark gave the Board a worksheet he had compiled of his actual receipts on each type of timber. Mr. Newton explained that the computations are done based on the State of NH stumpage values.  Mr. Clark asked if the Board ever uses the actual amounts received. Mr. Newton stated the State values are used. Ms. Paris suggested that Mr. Clark appeal to the Board of Tax and Land Appeals (BTLA), due to the fact that the Board has already denied his abatement request.  Ms. Callahan gave Mr. Clark the information for the BTLA.


Motion to approve the minutes of 9/18/18 (Paris/Callahan).  All in favor, motion carried.


Motion to approve and sign the 2018 MS-1 Summary Inventory of Valuation (Newton/Paris).  All in favor, motion carried. MS-1 signed.

Motion to approve and sign the 2018 MS-535 Financial Report of the Budget, for the 2017 fiscal year (Newton/Paris).  All in favor, motion carried. MS-535 signed.


Anne Booth:

  • Dwight Andrews family is having a memorial service for their daughter.  They want to do a memorial stone in the brook. Discussion about whether this could be done.  Ms. Booth will investigate.

  • The Nature Conservancy business with Krook will not go any further.  The Nature Conservancy has determined that they have bigger projects that require their attention.

  • Mr. Newton suggested that the ConCom look at protecting the VonAdler property.




John Pickering:

  • Thanked the Board for their service.

  • Asked if there would be any relief from the growing "craters" on Nashua Road.  Mr. Newton stated that he has a call into Tim Keenan, Road Agent, to discuss Nashua Road.

  • Asked about if the Joe Apa property had been sold.  Mr. Pickering was advised that this property had been sold to Reade and Alicia Salo.  Mr. Pickering then asked why abutters had not been notified that the property sold and was informed that there is no requirement to advise abutters about a sale.  There was discussion about the Salo's application for a driveway permit, Mr. Pickering asked for a copy of the driveway permit. Discussion about the requirements for a building permit.


Ken Callahan:

  • Thanked Mr. Newton for organizing the clean-up day.

  • American Alarm would not speak to Mr. Callahan because he did not have the code. Mr. Callahan spoke to Chet Bowles regarding the alarm system.  Mr. Bowles thinks that the wiring is generic and the town pays for the control box. Mr. Bowles suggested getting quotes from another company. The Town Administrator will contact Monadnock Security and at least one other company and get information on their requirements.

  • Sharon Arts Center has vague plans for expansion.  There is a plan that shows 15 cottages, and a plan that shows several buildings.  The plans do call for using Clark Road for access. Clark Road is closed subject to gates and bars, and the Debonis driveway is overlayed on Clark Road.  The question Mr. Callahan has is "what happens if the SAC fails?"


Mitch Call:

  • Presented a draft construction/building permit form for review.

  • Stated that the NH-Office of Strategic Initiatives (OSI) is looking the the updated zoning ordinance.  Ms. Harling informed Mr. Call that this has been sent out.

  • Southwest Region Planning Commission (SWRPC) is looking for information on areas that have bad accidents.  Areas named were: Temple Road @ Route 123; Greenleaf Road/Jarmany Hill Road @ Route 123; McCoy Road @ Route 123.

  • Enrolled the Town of Sharon in the FCC Challenge, has not heard from anyone yet.


Mr. Newton:

  • Will call the Road Agent regarding the following: winter plowing; potholes; tree by Denis; paving McCoy Road.

  • Spoke about an information sheet to hand out to town residents, the Town Administrator is working on this.

  • Had a question about intents to cut from 2017-2018, have all reports of cuts been filed.  The Town Administrator stated that there are two that have not been filed.

  • Spoke about the email from Kim Saunders, Conval Superintendent.  Newton thinks the School District owes the town approximately $17,000 for the 2 years that a student living in New Ipswich attended Conval claiming to be a resident of Sharon.  Ms, Callahan suggested asking the school to refund this amount over the next two years. Ms. Callahan will speak to Jim Fredrickson, Sharon's School Board Representative.



Motion to adjourn (Newton/Paris).  All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:38 PM.


Minutes taken by Debra Harling.  Approved on _10/16/2018_____________.

 


___________________ ___________________ ___________________

Carl Newton                      Linda Paris Diane Callahan


strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.