Selectmen Meeting Minutes
June 19, 2018
Present: Carl Newton, Linda Paris, Diane Callahan
Meeting called to order at 4:20 PM by Ms. Paris.
The Board meeting began early to meet with representatives of the Sharon Arts Center. No representatives of the Sharon Arts Center were present.
Motion to approve the minutes of 6/5/18 and 6/12/18 (Newton/Paris). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve payroll and manifests (Newton/Paris). All in favor, motion carried.
Mr. Newton signed the E911 liaison form as Chair. This will change the E911 liaisons to Fred Woodhouse, new Emergency Management Director, and Debra Harling, Town Administrator.
- There was an issue at the DiSalvo timber cut on Swamp Road, one of the trucks tried to go over the bridge. The Forester was contacted and this should not occur again.
- Requested permission to purchase some supplies for maintenance of the buildings. There is money in the budget, this purchase was approved.
- Confirmation of meeting with Kim Saunders, Superintendent of the Conval Schools, for Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 5:30 pm.
- There is a building on the former Fenno property, what is the status of this building? Is it a Farm Stand? This will be looked into.
Karen Shea Dufresne, Tax Collector, received approval to add a note to the statement she plans to send to Eric Matson reminding Mr. Matson of the payment arrangement agreed upon in November 2017.
Juliana and Chris Kazanovicz met with the Board to discuss an addition to their existing residence located on Map 6 Lot 20 and contains 5.586 acres. The proposed addition is 26' x 28', 2 stories. Their present septic is approved for 4 bedrooms, they currently have one bedroom, with the addition there will be a total of 3 bedrooms. No new septic approval will be needed. Tim Grosbeck will be contacted to review the plans. Check #378 in the amount of $75.00 for the application fee was presented with a copy of the application and plans.
- There has been timber cutting on Temple Road, Map 3 Lot 35B. There are currently no permits for this property. Mr. Newton suggested Mr. Keenan stop and speak to the property owners.
- Swamp Road is the only road left to be graded, this will be done after the logging operation currently in progress is finished.
Motion to adjourn (Newton/Paris). All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 5:45 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 07/17/2018.
___________________ ___________________ ___________________
Carl Newton Linda Paris Diane Callahan