Selectmen Meeting Minutes
March 6, 2018
Present: Carl Newton, Donald T. O'Brien, Linda Paris
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton.
Motion to approve the minutes of 2/20/18 (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried.
Lisa Hall, resident of South Road, requested that the "road closed" sign be moved. Ms. Hall explained that the sign is too far down and her driveway is used to as a turn around. Ms. Hall is not worried about her driveway, but people are tearing up the road when they accelerate down the road. Discussion about putting up a smaller sign further up the road. Mr. Newton will speak to the Road Agent.
Bill Fisher requested renewal of his permit to sell firearms, which will expire in May 2018.
Bill Joyner has been recommended at Moderator Pro Tem for the March 13, 2018 elections and town meeting by Rory Goff and appointed by the Supervisors of the Checklist.. Mr. Goff, the current Moderator will not be available on that date. Mr. Joyner was sworn in as Moderator Pro Tem.
Review of letter to Mr. DiSalvo regarding warrant article #10 for Swamp Road. Motion to sign and send the letter (Newton/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried and the letter was signed.
Signed the LUCT warrant for Michael Faucher, Map 3 Lot 44.
- Called by Dispatch regarding an unattended fire on Jarmaney Hill Road. This fire had no permit. The Peterborough Fire Department was called to extinguish the fire. Mr. Callahan spoke to the property owner.
- Review of the proposed Planning Board update to driveway regulations. Discussion of which Board should issue driveway permits. The consensus was that the Selectmen should continue to issue driveway permits after a recommendation from the Road Agent.
- Presented a draft of a sign for placement on Swamp Road regarding illegal dumping. Discussion about the amount of a fine. It was determined that the fine will be $10,000. Mr. Newton will instruct the Road Agent to obtain signs for posting on Swamp Road.
Discussion about the presentation of warrant articles for Town Meeting:
- Articles #1 and #2, Election of Town Officers and Zoning - results will be announced by the Moderator.
- Article #3, compensation schedule - Mr. Newton.
- Article #4, budget - Mr. Newton and Ms. Harling. Ms. Harling will have a breakdown of line items moved and/or increased.
- Article #5, Town Clerk software - Ms. Harling.
- Article #6, bridge fund - Mr. O'Brien.
- Article #7, audit fund - Ms. Paris.
- Article #8, welfare fund - Mr. O'Brien.
- Article #9, highway fund - Mr. Newton.
- Article #10, Swamp Road - motion will be made to table.
Reviewed the bridge inspection list received from the State of NH.
- The inventory lists should help with keeping track of the school census.
- The Tax Collector will be liening the 2017 unpaid property taxes on 4/4/18.
- Requested that Ms. Harling have the Fire Department statistics and tax rate pie chart available for March 13, 2018
- Reviewed warrant articles #3, 4, and 10 of the school district warrant.
- Spoke to Attorney Makechnie regarding the Krook appeal to the ZBA. Mr. Newton will make the Select Board presentation to the ZBA at the March 8, 2018 hearing.
Motion to adjourn (O'Brien/Paris). All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:55 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 3/20/18.
___________________ ___________________ ___________________
Carl Newton Donald T. O'Brien Linda Paris