Selectmen Meeting Minutes
December 5, 2017
Present: Carl Newton, Donald T. O'Brien, Linda Paris
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton
Motion to accept the 11/21/17 minutes (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried.
Jeff Paquin, representing Dustin Krook, met with the Board to discuss the denial of a driveway permit for Map 4 Lot 25-1. Mr. Paquin stated that the Planning Board had approved the subdivision, the Road Agent approved the driveway for Lot 25-2 and had denied the driveway for Lot 25-1. Mr. Paquin asked about the standards and Mr. Newton informed him that the town requires a 250' sight distance for backroads. Mr. Paquin stated the ASHTO standard is 140'. Discussion about Spring Hill Road, there is a 5°bend in the road coming up a hill. Mr. Paquin stated that moving the driveway would require a change in the grade and removing a stone wall and suggested a mirror on the utility pole across the street. Ms. Paris would like to have a site walk before commenting, Mr. O'Brien agreed. Mr. Newton stated that the Board of Selectmen is responsible for safety and thought that the Board should speak to the Town Attorney. It was agreed that Mr. Newton will speak to the Town Attorney and then set up a site walk with the Road Agent and other Board members.
- The Planning Board Hearing for conditional permits for existing ADUs is scheduled for December 12, 2017. Six applications out of 10 have been received.
- Mr. Call, Mr. O'Brien, and Dawn Toumala conducted a walk around the perimeter of the San-Ken gravel pit.
- McCoy Road is open.
- Mr. Newton purchased some culverts from the town.
- A generator was purchased for the highway shed so that the doors can be operated during power outages.
Motion to enter non-public session under RSA 91-A:3, II(b) at 6:08 pm (Newton/Paris). Roll call vote all in favor, motion carried. Motion to leave non-public session at 6:38 pm (Newton/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried. Public session reconvened at 6:68 pm.
- Asked the Board to approve the letter to Mr. DiSalvo regarding Swamp Road, the Board approved and the letter will be mailed.
- Mr. Newton as written up a job description for a "handyman" with a suggested cost of $125.00/month. Mr. Newton would like the Board to discuss this suggestion at the next meeting.
Motion to adjourn (Newton/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:35 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 12/19/17.
___________________ ___________________ ___________________
Carl Newton Donald T. O'Brien Linda Paris