Click here to return to the main web site for the Town of Sharon

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Selectmen 2017-11-21

Selectmen Meeting Minutes

November 21, 2017

Present: Carl Newton, Donald T. O'Brien, Linda Paris

Meeting called to order at 5:00 PM by Mr. Newton

Motion to accept the 11/7/17 and 11/16/17 minutes (Newton/Paris).  All in favor, motion carried.

Motion to approve payroll and manifest (Newton/Paris).  All in favor, motion carried.

Signed the 2017 second property tax warrant.

Discussion about the Sharon Arts Center tax exempt status.  Ms. Harling will contact them regarding the required forms.  The PILOT for 2017 will be $1,500.00.

Signed a one year contract with Tim Keenan to continue as Road Agent, all terms remained the same as 2016.  Mr. Keenan took the oath of office.

McCoy Road bridge and road project:  Matthewson contacted the Road Agent to obtain a scope of work.  The Matthewson bid is for $9,850.00 and does not include changing the culvert or installation of additional culverts.  The Keenan Equipment bid is $13,790.00, this includes changing the culvert which the Board thinks should be done.  Motion to accept the Keenan Equipment bid of $7,490.00, with Tom Keenan doing the work (O'Brien/Newton).  All in favor, motion carried.

Michael Faucher met with the Board to discuss the property at 8 Jarmany Hill Road.  Mr. Faucher purchased the property which contains two tracts.  Mr. Faucher spoke about the town merging the tracts into one lot and is requesting that the lots be "unmerged" as he would like to sell the larger 12.6 acre tract.  After discussion it was determined that the house is located on the smaller lot, which is 4.75 acres.  The house being located on this tract creates a "pre-existing" lot of record.  Motion to un-merge the lots at 8 Jarmany Hill Road, the smaller 4.75 acre tract staying with the house (Newton/O'Brien).  All in favor, motion carried.  Avitar will be informed of this for assessing purposes.

Mitch Call:

  • Walk on the San-Ken property to review the gravel pit is scheduled for 12/2/17.

Ken Callahan:

  • Charges on the Conservation Fund and Forest Fund are being addressed.

  • Tree lighting is scheduled for 12/3/17.  Mr. Callahan asked permission to contact Eversource about adding an outlet to the street light, permission granted.

  • Mr. Callahan requested that the town letterhead be forwarded to him via email.  Ms. Harling will do this.  Mr. Call asked for this also.

  • Mr. Callahan suggested a warrant article in 2018 to help fund the Peterborough Food Pantry.  There are some citizens from Sharon being served.  The Board approved the request.

  • Mr. Callahan is going to write up the rules regarding outside burning to be put on the website.

Carl Newton:

  • Mr. Newton has spoken to the Attorney regarding the Krook subdivision.  Stone walls cannot be removed without town and abutter permission, excavation cannot be done without town permission, some trees may be cut depending on the diameter.  The ZBA may request a soil scientist to review wetlands because the Planning Board did not request one.

  • Eric Mattson did not appear at this meeting, the Board will need to meet with him at the 12/5/17 meeting to discuss a snow plowing contract.  If there is a need for snow plowing before that date both Tom Keenan and Tim Keenan will plow for a small storm.

Linda Paris:

  • Suggested people start thinking about town offices, will need people to run to fill positions.

Motion to adjourn (Newton/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:35 PM.

Minutes taken by Debra Harling.  Approved on 12/5/17.


___________________ ___________________ ___________________

Carl Newton                      Donald T. O'Brien Linda Paris