Selectmen Meeting Minutes
September 5, 2017
Present: Carl Newton, Donald T. O'Brien, Linda Paris
Meeting called to order at 5:32 PM by Mr. Newton
Motion to approve the minutes of 8/15/17 as corrected (Newton/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried.
- Mr. Callahan read the Board's proposal for cemetery regulations at the town picnic. One person commented on the proposed regulations.
- A former town resident stopped at the Meeting House when Mr. Callahan was there and complained about the upkeep. This person suggested the town hire a professional landscaper. The Board requested that Ms. Harling send an email out asking if anyone in town would like to organize a landscaping day at the Meeting House and old School House.
- Question about the beavers on Mill Road. Mr. Newton stated that a trapper has been hired to remove them. There are issues with a house being flooded because of the beavers.
- Doesn't think that Swamp Road can be closed on an emergency basis. Mr. Newton said he would like to speak to DiSalvo. Discussion about road closure designations.
- Verified that Chet Bowles use of the Meeting House is set/
- Asked about the Matthews intent to cut was set, all proper wetlands notifications have be done with the State of NH.
- Asked about the Town Administrator's meeting with Mr. Goodeve. Accruals will be done for the tax liens. Mr. Goodeve suggested that the Board start considering a professional audit. Ms. Harling will contact Melanson Heath and Roberts & Greene for estimates for an audit.
- Roadside mowing - upper Spring Road is not done, branches have not been cut.
- Ms. Paris found templates for driveway permits on her computer, these will be forwarded to Mr. Keenan.
- Work has started on the door for the shed.
- Reviewed the changes to cemetery regulations. Motion to charge $150.00 for a 2' x 2 ½' plot for cremations (Newton/Paris). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to adjourn (Newton/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:18 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on_09/19/17__.
___________________ ___________________ ___________________
Carl Newton Donald T. O'Brien Linda Paris