Selectmen Meeting Minutes
April 18, 2017
Present: Donald T. O'Brien, Linda Paris
Meeting called to order at 5:38 PM by Ms. Paris.
Motion to accept the minutes of 4/4/17 (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve the payroll and manifest (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to have Ms. Paris sign the 2017 1st Qtr 941 payroll tax return (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried. Ms. Paris signed the form.
Motion to approve and sign the recommital warrants for taxes (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried.
Motion to approve adding Town Administrator, Debra Harling, as the E911 Liaison (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried, form signed.
Discussion about a non-residents request to purchase a cemetery lot. Ms. Harling will contact Mr, Bowles about the procedure regarding this.
Acknowledged receipt of a $50.00 donation from Mr. Hoxie for the Will Fenno Memorial Fund.
Discussion about a request to inspect the AED, Ms. Paris thought this had been done approximately six months ago.
Tim Keenan, Road Agent:
- discussion about the bond for the Mountain Road cut for NE Forestry. Mr. Keenan said the first bond can be released.
- Intent to cut for David Mitchell - less than 5000 board feet so no intent is needed. A permit for the road will be needed from Mr. Keenan and the logger will be instructed not to go over the bridge.
- Mr. Keenan spoke about more dumping on Swamp Road, he is leaving to check this out.
- Ms. Paris spoke about the plowing contract with Eric Mattson and made some suggestions regarding any contract that might be entered for the 2017-18 snow season.
Ms. Harling will send out an email blast for the 4/22/17 clean-up day.
Ms. Harling will review what personnel will need to have background checks.
Discussion about San-Ken:
- Reminder to be sent regarding the LUCT.
- The Planning Board would like to do a site walk on the excavation site - tentative date May 20, 2017.
- The 2016-17 report of excavation is due, the 2017-18 intent to excavate is due.
Ms. Harling will send a letter to San-Ken regarding the LUCT, report of excavation and intent to excavate.
Ms. Paris informed Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Keenan that Mr. Newton has spoken to John Kaufhold about repairing headstones in the cemetery.
Motion to adjourn (Paris/O'Brien). All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:34 PM.
Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on _05/02/17________.
___________________ ___________________ ___________________
Carl Newton Donald T. O'Brien Linda Paris