Click here to return to the main web site for the Town of Sharon

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Selectmen 2017-01-03


Selectmen Meeting Minutes

January 3, 2017


Present: Carl Newton; Donald T. O'Brien

Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by Mr. Newton.


Motion to approve the minutes of 12/20/16 (Newton/O'Brien).  All in favor, motion carried.


Paul LaRoche, ATA Construction submitted plans for 175 Spring Hill Road.  The House will be demolished and rebuilt as a 2 bedroom house on the existing foundation.  The septic has passed inspection.  Monadnock Disposal will be providing the dumpsters.  The Board requested that the Road Agent be contacted regarding the route that Monadnock Disposal will use to remove the dumpsters.


Ken Callahan discussed the following:

  • Paper towels needed for the Meeting House.

  • Street Light at Park still out.

  • Has a label printer if needed

  • Found information in the archives of a 1907 vote to prohibit the sale of liquor,  The measure failed.

  • Found information in the archives about the abandonment of Chapman Road.  Suggested trying to determine how the State of NH used the term abandon in that time period.


Mr. Bowles contacted Juliana Kazanovicz regarding the open position on the Trustees of the Trust Funds.  The Trustees are meeting tonight, Mr. Bowles did not know if Ms. Kazanovicz would be attending the meeting.


Reviewed a letter from the State Fire Marshal's office regarding fireworks.  Sharon has no fireworks ordinances, Ms. Harling will inform the Fire Marshal's office.


Reviewed a letter from the Town of Pittsburg regarding electric utilities and road right-of-ways and requesting other towns become involved.  The Board felt that there are enough ways for individuals to become involved and did not think the town should be involved.

Reviewed information on the Eversource abatement, Ms. Harling will contact the BTLA.


Discussed Bryan Rouff's request to meet with the Board, Ms. Harling will contact Mr. Rouff.


Discussed the building permit for Matthew Riley, determined that it is still valid.


Discussion items from Ms. Paris:

  • Tax Collector printer is all set.

  • Suggestions to replace the Tax Collector computer, Mr. Newton is looking into this.

  • Tax payments have been deposited.

  • Peterborough service fees, 2017 numbers have been received.

  • Sand is available for residents.

  • Complaints about the roads after storms.  Board thinks the roads are adequate and the policy is being followed.  Mr. Bowles and Ms. Harling will get the winter road maintenance policy on the website, it is in the 2015 town report.


The Moderator needs a Deputy, the Board will think about possible people to fill this position.


Mr. Newton provided suggested budget items to the Board and suggested looking at the Town Clerk compensation.


Mr. Newton discussed a phone call received regarding a granite post on Slip Town Road that had gotten bumped by a plow.  According to Kaufhold monument it has been hit before and is placed in a bad spot.  No action taken on this at this time.


Motion to adjourn (Newton/O'Brien. All in favor, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:30 PM.


Minutes taken by Debra Harling.  Approved on _2017-01-17__.

 


___________________ ___________________ ___________________

Carl Newton                      Donald T. O'Brien Linda Paris